Low Carb Pumpkin Walnut Muffins
These are very easy to make and perfect for a fall or winter Sunday morning breakfast. I recommend eating a muffin or two with some fat free Greek yogurt and berries so that you get full and a good dose of protein without eating too many muffins.
1 1/2 cups of garbanzo bean flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 large eggs or equivalent in egg product
1 small can of Libby's pumpkin (the small can and not pumpkin pie mix)
1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces. You could swap these for your favorite toasted nut (pecans or macadamia nuts would probably be exciting), you could use some dried cranberries or even some chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Toast the walnuts for a few minutes in a small saute pan and let sit. You could use the toaster oven to toast them if you're vigilant, but I tend to burn them that way.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients.
4. Mix together the wet ingredients.
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Add the walnuts and mix in.
7. Pour the batter into 10-12 cupcake liners placed on a baking pan (or a cupcake pan if you possess such luxuries).
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
9. Let cool and enjoy.